SAPE ERROR: Нарушена целостность данных при записи в файл: /var/www/kulikov/data/www/music-rock.ru/47f9cc627c06f1cbb4f6bd8389dacc73/links.db

Patti Smith - 3

3 5 1 2 3 4 5
61 90 135

ooz2003
    - / 2007- Patti Smith - Under review ???

, .

!!!
    Patti Smith Under Review

: 2007
    : Documentary, Protopunk, Alternative Rock
    : 86:53 (Video Title Set 1) + 1:30 (Video Title Set 2)
    : Koch International
    : Patti Smith, Victor Bockris, Blue Oyster Cult's Albert Bouchard, Frank D'Augusta, Jack Douglas, Shelly Yakus, Mark Paytress, Robert Christgau, Nick Johnstone etc.
    : English ()

: , 30 . , , , .
    ( )

Patricia Lee Patti Smith ( ) (. 30 1946 .) / , , -- - 1975 Horses (). , - . Because the Night ( ), (Bruce Springsteen) 13 Billboard Hot 100 1978 . 2005, .
    ( )

. : , 30 . , , , , , , ; . , Gloria (), Easter (), Because The Night ( ), Dancing Barefoot ( ), Frederick (), Ask The Angela ( ), , . ; , (Victor Bockris); , Blue Oyster Cult's Albert Bouchard ( ); Horses, ' (Frank D'Augusta); (Radio Ethiopia), (Jack Douglas); (Easter sessions), (Shelly Yakus); Horses -- (Remaking of Rock n'Roll), (Mark Paytress), , (Jon Savage); Rolling Stone (Anthony De Curtis); New York's Village Voice, (Robert Christgau); (Nick Johnstone) .

... " " ?)

2005 .
    :

[ ??], - - , : "I hope you find that you love her as much as I do"):
    Patti Smith's First LSD Experience In Her Own Words

I may have mentioned to you folks that I love Patti Smith more than a few times over the last several months. She is an idol to me, a true artist with integrity who has lived a life that reflects who she really is and accepted no compromises. The first words on her first album are "Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine" which is an incredible declaration to make in relation to taking responsibility for one's own life.

I just finished reading her book "Just Kids" and I strongly recommend it to anyone with an interest in Patti, CBGB's, punk music, art, Robert Mapplethorpe and the whole downtown scene that existed in New York from the early '70s. There's a lot of Patti's personal history in the book and more than a few chapters that bought me to tears. Towards the end of the book she talks in great depth about Robert Mapplethorpe's death and makes us understand the nature of their friendship, an incredible relationship that was, in and of itself, art.

There were also some lighter moments and one of them is Patti's description of her first LSD experience in about 1974. I want to share it with you guys and if any of you are fans you'll recognize the last sentence of this excerpt as the opening lines of one of her greatest recordings, "Land" (which many people think of as "Horses.") I hope that this is not a copyright infringement because there is certainly no intention on my part to infringe, only to share something that I enjoyed and hopefully motivate more people to read the book. So here it is:

"Now that I had experienced hashish, Robert, always protective, felt it was all right for me to take a trip with him. It was my first time and while we waited for the drug to come on we sat on my fire escape, which overlooked Macdougal Street.

"Do you want to have sex?" he asked me. I was surprised and pleased that he still desired to be with me. Before I answered, Robert took my hand and said, "I'm sorry."

That night we walked down Christopher Street to the river. It was two in the morning, there was a garbage strike, and you could see the rats scurrying in the lamplights. As we moved toward the water, we were met with a frenzy of queens, beards in tutus, leather saints and angels. I felt like the traveling preacher in The Night Of The Hunter. Everything took on a sinister air, the smell of patchouli oil, poppers and ammonia. I became progressively more agitated.

Robert seemed amused. "Patti, you're supposed to feel love for everybody." But I couldn't relax. Everything seemed so out of hand, silhouetted by orange and pink and acid green auras. It was a hot steamy night. No moon or stars, real or imagined.

He put his arm around my shoulders and walked me home. It was nearly dawn. It took me a while to comprehend the nature of that trip, the demon vision of the city. Random sex. Trails of glitter shaking from muscled arms. Catholic medals torn from shaved throats. The fabulous festival I could not embrace. I did not create that night, but the images of racing Cockettes and Wild Boys would soon be transmuted into the vision of a boy in a hallway, drinking a glass of tea."

I love Patti so much. Please read the book, listen to the track attached to this post and watch the video below. I hope you find that you love her as much as I do

BigFooT
    ... , . ?
    , .
    (c)

Thanks to Nelubino!

2007.06.08_Soul Kitchen [The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Los Angeles]
    The Doors cover
    , - - V ?

, , ):
    30 ... ...

- Summer Cannibals (Olympia, Paris 1996)
    , , - !
    - Because The Night (Live at Jools Holland show, London 2002.04.02) -
    - Live at Jools Holland show, London 2007.05.18:
    Gimme Shelter (The Rolling Stones cover)
    Soul Kitchen (The Doors cover)
    Gloria
    +

Glitter In Their Eyes (Live)
    , Olympia, Paris 1996 !))
    +
    :
    Summer Cannibals (1996)
    : / Robert Frank

Television ))
    Don`t smoke in bed (1995)
    I left a note on his dresser,
    My old wedding ring
    With these few good-bye words:
    How can I say good-bye, old sleepy head,
    I'm packing you in like I said.
    Take care of everything,
    I'm leaving my wedding ring.
    Don't look for me, I'll get ahead,
    Remember, darling, don't smoke in bed.
    Don't look for me, I'll get ahead,
    Remember, darling, don't smoke in bed.
    Smells Like Teen Spirit (2007) - Nirvana cover
    : Jem Cohen

, )

Nelubino, !!!

Nelubino
    , , -

!
    P.S.
    - 2000-, "Gung Ho (2000)", .

Nelubino
    :
    Patti Smith - Peaceable Kingdom - People Have The Power (Paris 2006) -

Patti Smith & Bob Dylan - Dark Eyes (Live In Decebmer 1995) - ) -

Gimme Shelter (Live Jay Leno 2007) -

Because The Night (Live Arista Records Anniversary Celebration 2000) -

Redondo Beach (Live Conan O'Brien) - -

Bruce Springsteen/U2/Patti Smith - Because the night - RNR Hall of Fame Concert 10/30/09 -

Meltdown London, 2009 - , Pissing In A River We Three -

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    - , , :

Gloria (Live Saturday Night 1976) -

Hey Joe (live OGWT 1976) -

Horses (Live OGWT 1976) -

Because The Night (Live OGWT 1978) -

Gloria (Japan TV, 1976) - , , ... - -

, !))

-, . - , . , , , . . - . , , , - .

- . . , , .

, . , - , , , , 10 -. , . , , , 30 . 60- .

. ? ? ? ? ? 70-. , . - , , .

, , . , , . - . .

, 70-. , . , - , 60-.

, - , - , , , THE ROLLING STONES . , 90-, , "Electric Ladyland" .

. . - , ( 60-, , ); - , . . " , . - . . . - . . . , . , , ".

: , - -. . . , , , , . . , .

30 1946 ; , -, . , - , - . - . " . . , , , , . ". , . , - . , .

, . , , , . "Ravens" "Gone Again", , PATTI SMITH GROUP.

, . - . , , , "" .

16 ( "Piss Factory"), , , , . , -, . , - . , , "", , , , . , "" - -, , - -.

70- - , THE BLUE OYSTER CULT, "Mad dog blues" "Cowboy mouth", 1971 - , , " ", - - ( ). . , PATTI SMITH GROUP.

-, -- , - . , , THE ROLLING STONES, . , , , , . , , - , . "" . , - --, , .

, - "Hey Joe", "Electric Lady" TELEVISION - "Mer Records" 1600 ., , , . "Piss Factory" - .

. , "Arista Records", , , .

"Horses" 1974-. VELVET UNDERGROUND. , , . - -. "Horses" - , , - -. , . , . "Horses". , .

1976- "Radio Ethiopia", , , , "Horses". "Radio Ethiopia" -, -, - "Horses" 80 .

1977 , , , , . , , , "Babel". , - - , .

1978- "Easter", , 70-. , "Because The Night", , . "Because The Night" - Top-10.

, . , , , . , , . "" , MC5 ( SONIC'S RENDEZVOUS AND, , MC5, THE STOOGES ), -.

"Wave" - "Dancing Barefoot" "Frederick" - . , 1979 , , , . , "" - . , , , , .

1980 , , PATTI SMITH GROUP . " . --, -" - .

, . : , . , - . 1989 "Dream Of Life" - "Wave", . " "Dream Of Life" . , , . , . , , , , , - ". , , .

90- . , - , . . , . - -, - . "Electric Lady" . .

1996 "Gone Again", , , - ("About A Boy" ). "Peace And Noise" - , , . "Peace And Noise", "Gone Again" "Dream Of Life". , , , . - . , , . , . .

- "Peace And Noise". -- , , , , , - . , , . . "Gung Ho" , . "Trampin'" ( "Columbia Records") - 11 , , .

. 2005 --. - "", , , . , , - : , ', , , ... " ", . , - .

" - , ", - , . " . , . , , . , - , , , ". "Easter" 22: " - , ", - : " , , !". : " , , , ". , , , , . , - - , , - 90- .

FUZZ 9/2005

Nelubino
    ... , :
    Patti Smith & Kevin Shields The Coral Sea
    :

"Rolling Stone", 51

Pask / **

, . . - My Bloody Valentine , , Loveless (1991) . . -, , - , . , 70‑ , . .

, - , - Blue Oyster Cult. Agents Of Fortune (1976), -

Nelubino

:

2006 . The Independent . Qana . Without Chains , , , .

, . , , . , , , , . . .
    (.)
    I wrote both these songs directly in response to events that I felt outraged about," she said. "These are injustices against children and the young men and women who are being incarcerated. I'm an American, I pay taxes in my name and they are giving millions and millions of dollars to a country such as Israel and cluster bombs and defence technology and those bombs were dropped on common citizens in Qana. It's terrible. It's a human rights violation.

Jury, Louise Patti Smith rails against Israel and US. The Independent (2006-09-09).

Nelubino
    , ?! , , !

, , . - ...
    Nelubino
    Gloria (Japan TV, 1976) - , , ... -
    ! ... + - , . , - ?

Nelubino
    ooz2003
    , , . - ...

! ... + - , . , - ?

.. - , , ...)

, - , ))
    , !

!
    Hall of Fame Concert 10/30/09 - .. -))) ? DVD ?
    Meltdown London, 2009 - ?))

Nelubino
    , )) ?)
    , .
    Meltdown - ,

1. R.E.M. , , . , , Time Out.
    Time Out 34 / 29 - 4 2005 .

. Time Out . 2005

. , , , , -. , , . . 1975- Village Voice, , -, Television, The Ramones.
    Creem 1975 . - , . . -, , , - . . , - . , Horses, , .
    -. C . . , , : ! - , - ! , , . - , , . - . Television, - , : Velvet Underground, Stooges, New York Dolls . . Horses . -.
    - , , , - . -, -, . ( Television. . Time Out), . -. : , , ? R.E.M.
    , . - (--. . Time Out) , , - , , , , . . , . , . .
    , . , , . 70- , - , - . , .
    I Dont Sleep, I Dream, Radio Ethiopia . , , , . , , . . Radio Ethiopia , . - . : , ! !
    ? , Everybody Hurts, . - , -, . 1995 . : - , . - ! , -, - , . - - .
    Wiltern Theatre - - . , . , . -- .

+
    2. : ( "BBC, " 2005.09.02)
    :

" . . , , . -, - , , - - . , , . ".

, , . - , 2004 (Patti Smith). 60, , 20-.
    Meltdown, . " " - , , - .
    " - , " - Gloria - . - , -- , (Van Morrison), , - .
    1975, Horses - , - , , -. - , - .
    - 30. , -, , , Rolling Stones, Doors, , .
    1967 - - , - -. - - Television, Talking Heads, New York Dolls, - . "" , Peace and Noise.
    - , - Horses.
    - , , , (Robert Maplethorpe). " " - (Camille Paglia).
    1975 Arista (Clive Davis), , - CBGB , .
    - Horses, . , , Velvet Underground. , , , , " + ".
    , - . Horses, - -, . - , 1980 MC5 (Fred "Sonic" Smith), - .
    - - -, , -. 80-. , - 90-, . , , (Richard Sohl). Gone Again 1996 .
    " , , -, . . -, , ". . , , - - .
    Meltdown - , , , . , , - Television Yoko Ono, Tiger Lillies, London Sinfonietta.
    - Horses.

3. ( "" 2005.09.05)

05.09.2005, 164 (1445)

2 - - 70-. - , Rolling Stones , .
    , - . , . , 70-, : , - , 60- . , - , - , - .
    , -, - . -, , , , , , . - : --, , , , . - , , - , . -- - .
    - , - . , , - , , . , ( ). , ; Power to the People , .
    , -, . - , , , , , , , , . , , . . 58- - Like a Rolling Stone, Rock'n'Roll Nigger Gloria . , , .
    1996 . . - . - , , . , , . - . , .

4. P.S. I love you ( "" 2008.08.25)
    P.S. I love you
    :
    :
    25 2008

, -. -

, , . , , , . . , . , , . , .
    . . 70- -, (, , ). , , - Dont Look Back. ( ), ( - -) , - , . : , , , . - , - - . , . ?
    ? , , , , , : . - . .
    . , 22- -, . -. : , . , .
    - , , . - : , . - : , , . - . - , . -, -, , . . , -. , , . -, , , , , - , , . , , . , , , , . .
    . - : - , , . : Β, . . , -, . , , , , , - . , , - . .
    , -. , , 10 , - . .
    , , . , , , : , . , -, . , , -, . , , : . , , . , . , , .
    - . , ; , : -, . , , : -. , , - , .
    ( , ) , . -, -: , , -. -. , : -, , , , , , . , : - , , - , .
    . ( , ) , , , . - , , Pale Blue Eyes The Velvet Underground My Generation, ( - , , - -). , . , - . , , - , . , , , . ( - , , , , , ) . ( ); ( Easter); ; -; . -- . .

, , My Bloody Valentine , The Coral Sea. , , , ; -. , . , , , . ; . . , , ; , - . -- . , - , . , .
    , . 79- , . , - - -, . --, , 11 . . . , , . , ; , , --. -, , . , ?!
    ( Loveless My Bloody Valentine, : , ?); ; Silver Mt. Zion , , ? -, , --. , . Silver Mt. Zion, Radiohead, -, . Radiohead? , , . , , , ? , . , , , , . , -- . , , -, - .
    74-, 77- , , - 79-, , - , . , , , , , , , . , . , -- , , , . , , . , . , 5, , . , , , . , -, . .
    , ; , Dream of Life : , , - .
    . ; , -, . -, . , , . - - . , , , . , . - , - . , -, 11 , -. . , . , .
    , , Twelve, : , - Are You Experienced?, Smells Like Teen Spirit , - Everybody Wants to Rule the World. . , - . Within You, Without You The Beatles, : , , , . Everybody Wants to Rule the World , - Tears for Fears. , . , , , - , . .
    70- - : . , , . , , - , , , . -- , : ... , , ; , . : , , , - , - . . , . , . .
    - . , -: , ? . , . , , , . , , . : -, ?
    , : - , , .

Nelubino
    - - , , - ...

"Twelve" ( ), 12 , - ! - . "Everybody Hurts" ,
    , Everybody Hurts, .

Nelubino
    , ?))
    , ) ϸ )

, ? , ...

Nelubino
    -, - A promotional EP entitled Two More was also released, featuring two tracks that are not on the album: "Perfect Day" by Lou Reed and "Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect" by The Decemberists. -:
    #TitleSongwriterLength
    1"Are You Experienced?"Jimi Hendrix4:46
    2"Everybody Wants to Rule the World"Roland Orzabal, Ian Stanley, Chris
    Hughes (Tears for Fears)4:07
    3"Helpless"Neil Young (Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young)4:02
    4"Gimme Shelter"Jagger/Richards (The Rolling Stones)5:00
    5"Within You Without You"George Harrison (The Beatles)4:51
    6"White Rabbit"Grace Slick (Jefferson Airplane)3:54
    7"Changing of the Guards"Bob Dylan5:47
    8"The Boy in the Bubble"Paul Simon, Forere Motloheloa4:30
    9"Soul Kitchen"Jim Morrison, John Densmore, Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger
    (The Doors)3:45
    10"Smells Like Teen Spirit"Kurt Cobain, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic
    (Nirvana)6:31
    11"Midnight Rider"Gregg Allman, Robert Payne (The Allman Brothers
    Band)4:02
    12"Pastime Paradise"Stevie Wonder5:26
    13"Everybody Hurts" (bonus)Bill Berry, Peter Buck, Mike Mills, Michael
    Stipe (R.E.M.)6:17

, ... 2 Land - ?

... , .. - ? 12, - . ...

Land , ?
    , , : , - "1978 - Exodus (Live in Paris)" ? - (12 ), ( 9 )...

Nelubino
    Tomorrow? , - 14, . Land 20 , , , , .
    - -

Land #14 CD1 - Beneath the Southern Cross
    Tomorrow , -, ...

Nelubino
    , - Land , - Tomorrow - c live in Philadelphia. ,
    Patti Smith On Jamming With Jeff Buckley And Tom Verlaine: It Was Beautiful

Heres another out-of-print magazine interview materializing online for the first time. This ones with Patti Smith, who spoke with me primarily about her first-ever anthology, Land 1975-2002. The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer also joked about Because the Night; shed light on Horses demos; went into detail about her cover of Princes When Doves Cry; and revealed some back story about another one of her classics, Redondo Beach.

She also mentioned Robert Mapplethorpe; recently, Smith has been promoting her just-published memoir, Just Kids, which revolves around her relationship with the photographer.

Without further ado, heres the interview, which was conducted on February 4, 2002.

For all of rocks chart-toppers, platinum-sellers and household names, there remains, naturally, a class of underdog icons who have nevertheless had a resounding effect on the genre. Side by side with such masters as the Velvet Underground, Stooges and New York Dolls is Patti Smith, the Chicago-born, New Jersey-bred punk poet. Along with Tom Verlaines Television, she germinated New Yorks CBGB club scene in the 70s, which would play a critical role in the development of acts such as Blondie, the Ramones and Talking Heads.

Many of the aforementioned bands have seen their catalogs replenished in recent months. Universal just issued a three-CD Velvets concert set (The Velvet Underground Bootleg Series Volume 1: The Quine Tapes) and plans to revisit The Velvet Underground and Nico this spring. Rhino provided extensive Blondie and the Ramones reissue campaigns last year.

But Smith has not seen her due since 1996, when Arista remastered her first five albums with one or two bonus tracks each. Now the singer is heralded with a special career retrospective, Land 1975-2002, primed for a March 19 release. Remastered by Smith and longtime associate Greg Calby, the set contains one disc comprised mostly of album selections, and a second swelling with unreleased and rare tunes.

Smith was signed to Arista in 1975 and has remained with the label ever since. Her catalog is comprised of eight albums including her debut Horses, a ubiquitous critic favorite, 1976s Radio Ethiopia and 1978s Easter all of which are retapped for the Land double-disc.

Fresh out of the mastering studio in New York, Smith tells ICE, In my contract, my last duty was to give them a greatest-hits package. Since Im an artist whos had only one legitimate hit, I jokingly said, All right, we can loop Because the Night 15 times. Because the Night is Smiths only charting single, a Top 20 pair-up with Bruce Springsteen that would gain even more recognition when Natalie Merchant and her 10,000 Maniacs covered it on their Unplugged disc.

Being an artist without many verifiable hits, Smith decided to approach her career overview project in a different light. In concert, via e-mail or postcard or through incidental run-ins, she reached out to her devout fan base and asked them to help select her most favored songs. Id petition people in the street, my own family, friends, workers, even people that didnt really like the records that much but had an opinion. We got over 10,000 votes or lists, tallied them all and got a list of the Top 20 songs. We gleaned from that to make Disc One.

Smith later concedes, I used the peoples guidelines as much as I could, and when I strayed it was for good reason. The recording of one song might have been superior to another song, or had more reverb or something. We were trying to make it the best listening experience. She cites a pair of specific tracks: [The Grammy nominated] Glitter in Their Eyes was about the 11th [fan choice], but the song is so new and has a certain kind of presence that it sat better toward the end of the album. Its the same with Aint It Strange, which was higher up [on the fan list].

The first disc culls one or two numbers from each Smith album, with the exception of Easter; four songs were lifted from that effort. The full tune stack: Dancing Bearfoot, Babelogue, Rock n Roll Nigger, Gloria, Pissing in a River, Free Money, People Have the Power, Because the Night, Frederick, Summer Cannibals, Ghost Dance, Aint It Strange, 1959, Beneath the Southern Cross, Glitter in Their Eyes, Paths That Cross and When Doves Cry.

Fans might not recognize the final cut, at least not as a Smith original it is, in fact, the Prince classic. The unreleased song is one of two recorded in 2001 that Smith added to the package; the other, Higher Learning, arrives toward the end of the second disc. When asked why When Doves Cry was not also appended instead to Disc Two, which encapsulates unheard and hard-to-find material, Smith replies, Our version of Doves Cry is pretty, and it just sonically fit. It was done as a studio song, with the same frame of mind as the album cuts. And a lot of things on Disc Two are more improvisational. Doves Cry was done in a very focused, deliberate manner.

Smith also makes note of Disc Ones circularity, as both Dancing Bearfoot and When Doves Cry deal with feminine issues. Another spherical effect can be found in San Franciscos Electric Lady Studios: Its where Smith recorded her first single, Piss Factory; her most recent songs, When Doves Cry and Higher Learning; and multiple albums in between.

In discussing the nugget-heavy second disc, Smith says that when she approached fans and others about the project, The thing people asked for, consistently, was poetry, rarities [and] Kiss Factory, our independent single. She fulfills two of the three wishes on Land.

The additional disc is more than just a mixed bag of unused and found tracks, Smith asserts. Its got a strong range, she says. Its really like another album, it isnt just a bunch of stuff that we threw on. The track list shapes up as follows: Piss Factory, Smiths first song put to tape in 1974; 1975 demos of Redondo Beach and Distance Fingers; 25th Floor (Live); the 1996 studio outtake Come Back Little Sheeba; Wander I Go, an unreleased song from the same sessions; live renditions of Dead City, Spell, Wing, Boy Cried Wolf and Birdland; Higher Learning; a live Notes to the Future; and a secret track, a concert version of Tommorrow.

The much sought-after Piss Factory is Smiths only studio song not released by Arista. I get a lot of letters from people, Smith says, and thats the one consistent thing they always ask: Where can I get a copy of Piss Factory? other than on a fourth-generation tape? So now they will have it. Even though that was the only non-Arista-period project, it was one of the things that led us to being signed by Arista.

Smith values especially the two pre-Horses demos that follow: Redondo Beach and Distance Fingers. She recorded both before even settling on a percussionist, and for that reason drums are absent. Theyve never been heard because we did it in a little studio and we needed $85 to get [the demos], and we didnt have [the money]. By the time we got the $85, they were lost. Somebody misplaced them. About a year ago, they were found. [Guitarist] Lenny Kaye got a hold of them.

Smith elaborates first on Redondo Beach, one of the touchstone numbers on Horses: I wrote the lyrics of Redondo Beach in 1971, even though I recorded it in 75; the demo reflects the older [ones]. I hadnt heard it in so long, I had forgotten that there were different lyrics to the song!

As for Distance Fingers, she remarks, We wrote it early, but we didnt record it. [With] CDs, you can have 70 minutes of material. But in those days, 18 minutes a side! It was always a big deal you couldnt have any more than that, or the record would skip. So poor little Fingers was dropped.

Another unreleased studio track, Wander I Go, may raise even more eyebrows. Its like a poem-song that [guitarist] Oliver Ray and I wrote, Smith remembers, and we all improvised it during the Gone Again sessions. Jeff Buckley was there because he was singing on another song [Fireflies, which did make the cut]. He picked up an acoustic guitar and played along, and Tom Verlaine also played. It was beautiful, but [the song] never surfaced. As previously stated, Higher Learning is another unheard improvisational jam; on that track, Smith plays the clarinet.

Laid down during the Gone Again sessions, Come Back Little Sheba surfaced as a U.K. B-side, but has yet to appear across the pond. Its a pretty little song, Smith says. Just me and Lenny. Lennys playing autoharp, and Im playing acoustic guitar. I have this one area of song that I like to write some people call them my Appalachian songs where I just write it on acoustic guitar. They dont usually surface on record. I usually write them for myself.

Of the eight live cuts most derived from DAT recordings that populate the disc, Smith remarks, We have like 40 bootlegs out there, so theres plenty of sonically crappy stuff already. We really searched the bootlegs so that people werent just getting stuff they already could get. Smith adds that she sought live songs that weighed heavy on improvisation.

Five of the live tunes were recorded last year: Dead City (Denmark, from the Roskilde festival), Spell (Portland, Oregon), Wing (Paris), Boy Cried Wolf (Paris) and Birdland (Los Angeles). Also included is a 1978 recording of 25th Floor in Eugene, Oregon; a poem titled Notes to the Future that Smith read New Years Day 2002 at New Yorks St. Marks Church; and the hidden Tomorrow, a live-in-Philadelphia segment that clocks in at a brief 2:07.

Of Lands many fresh offerings, the abbreviated Tomorrow may carry the most emotional weight. The song references the two people Smith has dedicated the set to: her original keyboard player Richard Sohl and her mother, who turns 82 the day the album is released. Sohl worked with Smith through Dream of Life and passed away in 1991 at the age of 37. Around the same time, Smith also lost her husband and co-writer, Fred Sonic Smith (who cofounded the MC5) as well as photographer Robert Mapplethorpe, whom she had known since the late 60s.

Talking about Sohl, Smith says, He was classically trained, but had the gift and humility to work with someone like me, who had no training. He, Lenny Kaye and I developed most of the work thats on Horses together. [Tomorrow] is me and Richard, and in the middle of it I say, Cmon, Richard Sohl! its kind of stupid, but just a friendly, loving thought for Richard.

Smith forgot about the other remark she made during the Tomorrow rendition: I say, This is for my mom! cause it was Mothers Day. I didnt even realize until today when we were mastering that I say hello to my Mom on it.

As for the Land title, it references a triage of songs from Horses (Land: Horses/Land Of A Thousand Dances/La Mer [De]), on which Smith tells the fictional (albeit slightly ambiguous) story of a boy being either mugged or raped. Before Horses came out, I spent a lot of hours agonizing over whether to call the album Land or Horses, Smith says. When Arista requested a title for her new album, I started pacing the floor and thought, Ah! Ive already paced the floor over titles. And I have one left over. I thought, Well, 27 years ago I decided to hold the title Land, and now I think its time to put it out there.

The compendium comes with a unique 36-page booklet, which Smith describes: There are little flyers, original lyrics and photographs no one has seen. I worked on the booklet as hard as the album. She highlights in particular six recent concert photographs taken by a fan named Laura Lakeway. She really took great pictures, and theyre right in there, says Smith. They stand strong beside Allen Ginsberg, Annie Liebowitz, Robert Mapplethorpe and Steven Sebring.

Obviously, Land does not collate all of Smiths unreleased and rare material; she plans to use her forthcoming Web site, , as an outlet to share more. The site will launch the day her anthology hits stores, and she is toying with the idea of posting a Song of the Week series, poems, photos and/or memorabilia. She also encourages fans to write in with questions or even request full song lyrics (the Land booklet does not include any).

Smith was slated to perform at the 12th annual Tibet House concert in New York (headlined by David Bowie) as of press time, and to embark on a national tour with current bandmates Lenny Kaye, Oliver Ray, Tony Shanahan and Jay Dee Daugherty. All of them put a tremendous amount of effort into [Land], she adds. This was a labor-of-love project.

Originally published as the cover story of ICE magazine #180, March 2002.

C, 13- "Land" , , "Tomorrow" ( ))

, , "Land"
    -, - "" (Patti Smith) "". , . - - . " ", , . , , .
    ... , : " - ". 1979- 9 . - 8. , , - "Gone Again".
    , " ". , 10 . 17 , - Rock 'N' Roll Nigger, Free Money, People Have The Power, Ain't It Strange, Pissing In A River, Because The Night Ghost Dance, - When Doves Cry.
    - . - . , - -, "" , , , - , , , .
    - , , , - . , , , . , "Distant Fingers", , - . "" : , , ? - , , "" . - ; ?
    , , . . : , "Because the Night" , ; "Frederick" - - . Gloria - ...
    "" "Piss Factory", "" ,- .
    "25th Floor" "Higher Learning" , .
    : , , .

26.04.2002, ( )

2002 - Land (1975-2002):
    Nelubino ).

+

(Patti Smith) "Horses", - -- 1975- , - . Legacy Recordings "Horses Horses", 8 2005 .

- "Horses" , - "My Generation", - The Who. "My Generation" B-side "Gloria" (1975) - "Horses", - , (John Cale). "Horses" (Greg Calbi), .

( (Lenny Kaye) - , (Jay Dee Daugherty) - , (Tony Shanahan) - , (Tom Verlaine) - ), (Flea) Red Hot Chilly Peppers. Royal Festival Hall 25- 2005. , "Horses" , "My Generation" . , -, March Metal Meltdown .

"Horses Horses" , , 2005- , (Paul Williams) "Gloria".

22.08.2005, ˨ ( )

1975 - Horses (30th Anniversary Legacy Edition) [2 D (2005)] FLAC:

+
    -
    , (Patti Smith) 30 1946 , . , , , . , . 1967 - "", , Jefferson Airplane Velvet Underground.

, , . , 1971 , " ", , .

Blue Oyster Cult ; "Secret Treaties" 1974 "Carrer of Evil". . -. , "Cream", 1972 . , " " "".

, , 1974 . - . "Gloria", "Land of Thousand Dances" "Hey Joe". "Piss Factory".

, 1975 , . , , , ( 1976 (Jay Dee Daugherty) . : , , , .

Velvet Underground. , , , .

, , ", Roxy Music, Beatles, Rolling Stones , Doors, Who, Velvet Underground", - New Musical Express.

1976 , - , , - . , , " , , ".

1976 , , .

23 1977 . .

1978 , "Easter" . , "Born to Run", , "" . , . , , , " ". , . , - .

, "Because The Night", . : , , . , , . . ("") , - . "Darkness On The Edge of The Town", Blue Oyster Cult. : . , , . . , .

, . "Wave" . , . , , , 1979 , " ". . "So You Want to Be a Rock'n'Roll Star", . "Dancing Barefoot", Jeffreson Airplane, "Frederic", MC5 "" , 1980 . -, .

" , - , - , . , ... , . , , . , . - , : - , , , - , . , . , , . , , . . , , ".

1988 , , , 41- . , : Utopia , , . , ( ). , , "Dream of Life" .

: "People Have The Power" "Going Under". "Up There Down There", . , .

p: , - 6 . "Land (1975-2002)" : , - , a , , , - . , . , , : .

27.07.2005, ( )

+
    :

" -".
    < - >
    .Ru: - ?

: - , -. . , . , Columbia Records, : - ?

.Ru: - , ?

: - , . , , - . , , , - . ().

.Ru: - ?

: - , . (Maria Callast), , (John Coltrane), (Jimi Hendrix).

.Ru: - -, . ?

: - , : , . -, . . , , . , , - "". MTV VH1 , -- . -.

.Ru: - , ?

: - , , . , , .

.Ru: - , , .

: - - . , . , . , . , --. , , .

.Ru: - , , -, 70- ?

: - 70- ! 60- . , , , , ! , - !

.Ru: - . , - ?

: - , . Marshall. , .

.Ru: - , , ?

: - , - . , , - - . , , , . , . , , : , , , . , . - , , .

18.12.2003, ( )

" , "
    < - >
    .Ru: - , - "" - - . "-- " - . - . ?

: - , , , - , , , - . . , , , . , -- , . , - . - . , , . , . . , , , , . .

.Ru: - , , . - , . , -.

: - , . . , ? , , , , , -, , , , . : " , ". . .
    - , . - . . , , -. . , ? , . .

.Ru: - , . , .

: - , , ? . ?
    , . . , , , , , . , - , . , . ? , , . , , . - , .

.Ru: - "Peace and Noise" - . , ?

: - ?

.Ru: - , "Waiting Underground" - , .

: - , . "Radio Baghdad". "Waiting Underground" , . .

.Ru: - - ?

: - "", . . . - - . , . .

19.06.2008, ( )

- ))
    . - , - (Patti Smith) "Horses". 1975- - , .
    , , . . - . . . - 60.
    : - , , - , , .

; . - . - . - - .
    , . , , - ( ?), : ", , , - . , . : - !"

, - , . , 58 , "", , , , , ("go fuck yourself... nah, i'm kidding. you can't do that. you'll need a really long shlong")? , ( )...

- (Lenny Kaye), (Jay Dee Daugherty) (Tony Shanahan) - , "" . , . , - . , , , .

: . - "Ain't it Strange", Not Fade Away "Space Monkey", "Rock'n'Roll Nigger", "Because The Night" - .
    - . , . , , , , , ( ).

, , , "", - . , , , , :
    I want you to come home to me
    I want you to come from school to me
    I want you to be free".
    - , .

. :
    - " : CBGB ( - -)? CBGB? ( ) - CBGB 10 20 : , - , - ... , , ".

, . : , , , ! , - , - . : . - "Ghost Dance". - - , , : .

, . "Not Fade Away" Rolling Stones, "People Have The Power". :
    " . . , : , , , ! ! , ! ! , !".

, "" . , . , . :
    - ?
    - !
    - . , , : ... !
    , :
    - , . - .
    "Like A Rolling Stone", - - : ? - , ! , , -.

, , : "Gloria", - , , . - , . , , - . ...

04.09.2005, ( )

P.S.
    - :
    1) " Blue Oyster Cult ; "Secret Treaties" 1974 "Carrer of Evil".
    2) " , "
    3) " - "

Nelubino
    ooz2003
    C, 13- "Land" , , "Tomorrow" ( ))
    , , - , ))

.. , , ,

3 5 1 2 3 4 5

1. Elliott Smith
    Nelubino
    : 5
    : 17.02.2011, 00:53