Sonic Youth to participate in Concert to Benefit Japan Earthquake Relief March 27,2011 8pm Miller Theatre – NYC

More than a dozen innovative artists at the intersection of indie rock, contemporary jazz, and avant-garde performance will come together at Miller Theatre to present a benefit concert to support recovery efforts in Japan. “The tragedy and devastation is really overwhelming,” says John Zorn, who has organized and will host the evening. “I’ve always felt a strong personal connection to Japan, and I’m just glad to be able to do my part to help. It should be an amazing night.”

The lineup includes feature performances by musician and artist Yoko Ono, and her son Sean Lennon, Japanese-American indie duo Cibo Matto, and the influential band Sonic Youth. Vocalist Mike Patton will appear as a special guest, and Mephista, Marc Ribot, Uri Caine, and John Zorn’s Aleph Trio will also play short sets.

Both the performers and the theater are donating their services, ensuring that 100% of proceeds from ticket sales will go to benefit the victims of the earthquake and tsunami that hit near Sendai on March 11. Funds will be donated to the Japan Society’s Earthquake Relief Fund.

Sonic Youth
Yoko Ono
Mike Patton
Sean Lennon
Cibo Matto
Mephista
Marc Ribot
Uri Caine
Aleph Trio
John Zorn, host
Чтобы увидеть ссылку вы должны зарегистрироваться
Чтобы увидеть ссылку вы должны зарегистрироваться